Fast growing UPSCALE, Upper East Side dog care/walking service seeks responsible, energetic candidate for hire.
To be considered, the applicant must be proactive and committed to the business of all-around dog care specifically as it relates to walks, exercise, socialization, sitting and general health improvement.
The applicant should have a sincere and heartfelt love of dogs and MUST possess a skill set that includes, but is not limited to:
Consistency, reliability, trustworthiness, passion, knowledge, team oriented and have a sense of humor. In addition, the applicant must be willing to obtain certification through the Red Cross in pet first aid.
These are “Must Haves” to apply (ONLY APPLY IF THESE REPRESENT YOU):
*MUST have integrity
*MUST have prior experience with animals in a professional setting, please be as detailed as possible i.e. volunteered at an animal shelter, vets office, doggy daycare, other dog walking service, etc.
*MUST be energetic and happy to work hard
*MUST live in Manhattan or Bronx near Manhattan’s Upper East Side
*MUST NOT have a Criminal Record
*MUST be able to work in United States
*Excellent presentation and communication skills
*Have a sense of humor!
*Be physically fit (i.e. walking dogs, getting on the floor to play with cats)
*At least 21 years old
*Willing to commit to the position for at least 1 year
*Have a metrocard; you will need an unlimited weekly card if hired
*Be mature, professional, extremely dependable and fun to work with
*Have internet access, computer
*Have a personal cell phone
*Enjoy being outside (dogs like to be walked in the humidity/rain/snow/sleet!)
*Have loads of common sense!
*Be organized and work well independently
*Be flexible in terms of scheduling
*Be willing to submit to a background check
*Have a consistent schedule
Finally, the applicant must be flexible as to schedule and have the ability to work within and adapt to a defined set of parameters that regularly change and evolve as client needs dictate.
PLEASE, DO NOT APPLY IF YOUR SCHEDULE DOES NOT FIT THE TIME REQUIREMENTS FOR AT LEAST ONE OF THE FOLLOWING POSITIONS...NO EXCEPTIONS:
1. Pet Sitter: Visit home of our clients to walk and feed and play with their pets. You should have consistent availability mornings (7:30-900) am, evenings (5:30-8 pm) and weekends, and most holidays.
2. Dog Walker / Caretaker: visit and walk dogs during the day. You must be available between 11 am-4 pm EVERY WEEKDAY… Rain, snow or shine! We provide walks for up to 4 dogs at a time in their neighborhoods so you MUST be able to handle up to 4 dogs at a time; we do not provide PACK walks with lots of other dogs!
3. On Call: Occasionally we have walkers call in sick or have to be out at an emergency at the last minute. You would be on call and we would contact you to fill in on walks or short notice.
PLEASE be advised that this is for the UPPER EAST SIDE and PART TIME…for now!!! If you feel you are still interested, please answer the following questions and we can go from there. I am looking to have someone start ASAP.
1) Why are you interested in dog walking/ pet sitting?
2) Where do you live (borough and major cross streets)?
3) What are your income expectations (per week)?
4) Would this be your primary or supplementary income? If supplementary, what else do you do?
5) What is your exact availability (all days/hours)?
6) Can you commit to this availability for at least a year?
7) Is there anything else that makes you stand out over the other candidates?
8) Are you willing to deal with cats when our clients need you to take care of them?
9) Can you handle 4 dogs at a time?
10) Do you have experience walking dogs? (I know…a redundant questionJ…PLEASE answer all)
Just an FYI! I have interviewed MANY people for this position and have yet to find someone energetic, positive nor aware enough! My interviews consist of 2 days out with my dogs. I will need you from 11am-5:30pm each day. These days are NOT paid since they are really a try-out.
These are LONG TERM positions, and they are PART TIME possibly turning into full time positions.
IF this sounds like YOU, please contact us. You are bound to have fun and really enjoy being a part of something amazing!
All the best to you.