If you are taking help from professional dog groomer, then it will cost you more. So the best option for dog grooming is doing it yourself at home. It will help you to make a bond between you and the dog. The best time to start grooming is before the meal. It will also help you to introduce the dog with another family member.
Here are some steps to grooming:
1) Bath - Bath regularly will help it get rid of dust and mud from the coat. It will also help improve skin health. Apply on an entire coat and massage it for 10 min. Wash it thoroughly with warm water and dry the dog.
2) Brushing and combing - This will keep dog coat healthy and shiny. A regular practice of brushing is must and preferably weekly 2-3 times you must have to do. If dog coat is long then daily brushing is required. Combing will help get rid of fleas and ticks from the dog.
4) Tooth brushing – Generally, dogs keep their teeth clean and hygienic, but weekly tooth brushing will help improve oral health.
5) Clean the ears - Improper ear cleaning may lead to fungal infection of the ear. So weekly observe the ear and clean it.
6) Flea Medication - The flea can attack a dog any time. So, proper hygiene is needed to keep fleas away. You can use standard flea medication such as Frontline Plus or Generic Frontline Plus if infestation is serious. Otherwise home remedies for fleas can be used such as ginger or brewer's yeast.